A message from Lori Meads, President & CEO
As a community bank, Seamen’s Bank remains well capitalized and well positioned to continue to serve our customers and community. We were chartered 172 years ago and expect to serve this community for generations to come.
- As a community bank customer, you have access to our experienced team, and we stand ready to always assist you with any of your questions or concerns.
- As a community bank, we take pride in our relationship-based business model focused on building long-term trust with our customers. After all, we live in your community too, and your success is our success.
- We are members of the Depositors Insurance Fund (DIF). All DIF member banks are also members of the FDIC. Each depositor is insured by the FDIC up to $250,000.
- All deposits above the FDIC insurance amount are insured by the Depositors Insurance Fund (DIF). Depositors automatically receive this added insurance benefit at no cost whenever they make a deposit to a new or existing account at a DIF member bank.
- The combination of FDIC and DIF insurance provides customers with full deposit insurance on all their deposit accounts. No depositor has ever lost a penny in a bank insured by both the FDIC and the DIF.
- If you have questions about your coverage, or would like to learn more about FDIC insurance and how it works, we encourage you to access the following resources or give us a call directly at 508.487.0035 or your local branch for more information.