Teller – Truro Branch
Summary: Receives and pays out money and keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in financial transactions by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, and examines checks for endorsements; may place holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Cashes checks and pays out money within the guidelines of the “Check Cashing Policy”.
- Familiarity of all bank products and services.
- An understanding of Seamen’s on-line banking is required.
- Enters customers’ transactions into computer to record transactions.
- Orders daily supply of cash and counts incoming cash.
- Timely balances all work performed to the compare totals in the Teller system.
- Explains, promotes, or sells products or services such as travelers checks, savings bonds, money orders, and treasurer’s checks.
- Performs basic customer service functions; may include compiling preliminary data for wire transfers and stop payments, verifying documentation, and/or ordering checks.
- Removes deposits from, and counts and balances cash in, automated teller machines and night depository.
- Accepts loan payments and safe box payments.
- Performs cash advances.
- Performs basic foreign currency exchange.
- Admits customer to safe deposit vault; understanding & following specified procedures.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations and/or Seamen’s banking policies, including but not limited to: Funds Availability, Bank Secrecy, and Security.
- May be requested to work on Saturday and may be assigned to another Branch that is open on Saturday.
- Represents the Bank in a professional and responsible manner at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and/or Educational Experience: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requisite mathematical skills, communication skills (verbal and written), computer skills, reasoning ability, and problem-solving capabilities expected of a teller.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to stand or be on their feet for long periods of time; be able sort currency; place and retrieve information in and from teller drawers. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include close vision.
AAP/EEO STATEMENT: Seamen’s Bank is committed to a firm policy in favor of equal employment opportunity and will abide by all applicable state and federal regulations by not discriminating against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability or veteran status.
Our commitment to equal employment opportunities shall include employment, upgrading, promotion, demotion, transfer, leaves or other absences from work, layoff, compensation and benefits, selection for training or other education, professional opportunities and conflict resolution.
It is also the policy of Seamen’s Bank to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of their status as woman, minority or individuals with disabilities or protected veterans, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. Please inform us of any necessary accommodations required during the application process and/or at any time during employment.
To apply, please send your resume by email to: email@example.com or by mail to:
P.O. Box 659
Provincetown, MA 02657